Just as an organization can become infused with a culture of leadership, individuals can develop a leadership mindset. So what does a life infused with a leadership mindset look like? Here are 7 characteristics of leaders or individuals on an aspirational leadership journey that demonstrate a life infused with leadership.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors in every aspect of life such as at work, among family and friends, among peers or colleagues, in business or career dealings, and in the community.
- Take ownership and responsibility for your behaviors and actions. Be accountable for contributing results that benefit not only yourself, but others.
- Focus on solving problems, not placing blame.
- Show integrity by doing what you say you will do, while honoring your personal values and commitments.
- Be positive, forward focused, knowledgeable, competent, and lead by example.
- Continuously learn, develop, grow, and recognize that leaders never stop learning.
- Serve others and help infuse them with a leadership mindset in every aspect of their lives.